Life as an Animal Physiotherapist involves working under Veterinary referral to provide treatment and rehabilitation for animals. The successful Animal Physiotherapist will have the ability to:
- Communicate – with vets, owners and, most importantly, animals.
- Safely and effectively carry out appropriate treatment using physiotherapeutic equipment and specialised manual techniques.
- Design and implement individual programmes for rehabilitation.
Animal Physiotherapy is an exciting and rewarding career. It takes confidence, initiative, determination and an open mind to make a career in Animal Physiotherapy. However the most essential requirement is that you have a natural affinity with animals. An understanding of the needs and requirements of an animal and the ability to read and interpret their feedback is an integrated skill that can only be developed through time.
Animal Physiotherapy is much more diverse than people imagine. There are many different backgrounds that can lead to a desire to provide physiotherapy for animals. Some of these are:
- Veterinary Nursing
- Racing – jockeys, retired jockeys, trainers and stable and kennels hands.
- Riders - from all equine disciplines, trainers, instructors, yard managers.
- Therapists in related fields – Massage Therapists, Chiropractors, Osteopaths and Hydro Therapists.
- Professionals from other walks of life who have a high level of animal knowledge and experience and an unfailing passion for animals.
To learn more about our Level 6 equivalent Diploma in Animal Physiotherapy, request an information packREQUEST INFO PACK